So, in lieu of homework, I started watching The Vampire Diaries. AND I LOVE IT. I'm up to 2x07 after marathoning it all weekend. I love Caroline. I love the suspense. I love that I don't hate any characters (that was my main concern). And I just love the fact that it doesn't suck, basically.
I've been so negligent to this journal simply because I doubted anyone cared, but then I realized that I did. I want to make this journal for me--not for anyone else. So, expect movie reviews, tv reviews, book reviews, etc. because I want to write them.
Also, speaking about movies, I saw Source Code today. Pretty awesome, although everyone around me was complaining that it was just a wannabe-Inception. I can sort of see it, in the movie-gives-me-a-headache-stop-making-me-t
Yeah, I know. It's been a long time. And a lot of stuff has happened (not really, but I'm going to pretend).
+First off, I just finished school. Which is a relief, to say the least. Next year I'm signed up for three AP classes (wtf, self?), not to mention all the regular stuff that goes a long with being a senior. So I plan on completely relaxing this summer and
+ Shows I am watching this summer: Pretty Little Liars, Persons Unknown, American Pickers (best reality show ever), and I think Huge, but I've only seen one episode. Oh, and that new reality show on MTV. Yeah, I know. IF YOU WATCH ANY OF THESE SHOWS, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.
+ Heather Morris is a goddess. Also, Naya. And Dianna. And Lea. I LOVE THE ACTRESSES OF GLEE. Even though I've had some problems with the back nine episodes (along with everyone else in fandom, seriously STOP WITH THE GUEST STARS), I still love it. It makes me smile and wish I could sing. Plus, when Glee is at its best it is amazing. Just one thought for next season: more focus and development of the FRIENDSHIPS, and less about the couples
+ I sorta stopped shipping Demi/Selena, only not really? It's just so hard now that they aren't friends anymore, but I still will always have a soft spot in my heart for them.
+ The Runaways was a good movie. I felt awkward at first because Dakota Fanning is still a youngin' in my mind--even though she's only a couple years younger than me--but once I let that go, I really enjoyed it. Kristen Stewart was great, and so was Dakota. They really brought a lot to their roles.
So, yeah. Not that much is going on. I've just been reading a lot and trying to catch up on some movies and tv shows that have been recced to me recently. My summer job starts up in a week or two, and I have a bunch of summer homework, but I'm pushing it all off until the last minute. Just like last year.
- Secondly, I hope everyone has a great Christmas/Hanukkah/insert your holiday here. For my family, we have always celebrated Christmas on the 24th, not the 25th. So tomorrow will be a busy day, to say the least. My mother is hosting a dinner party for fifteen, therefore, I know she is going to be stressed out and pissed off all morning. Wish me luck.
- Lastly, I'm spending my winter break watching some British television. This includes Spaced, Misfits, and Off The Hook. If you've watched either of these three, you should leave me a comment telling me if you liked it or not.
- Homework. I am trying very hard to avoid it by lurking around lj. My AP classes have got me going crazy right now, but winter break is quickly approaching meaning I'll actually be able to relax soon. Very much looking forward to this development.
- Glee is on tonight. The only good thing about Wednesday. Is anyone not watching this show?
- I am so excited to see Blake Lively on snl this Saturday. I'm more excited to see if she can out gay Taylor Swift's roomate sketch.
Also, I stole this meme from fandom_memes
1. Write down the names of 10 characters.
2. Write a fic of fifteen words or less for every prompt, using the characters determined by the numbers. Do NOT read the prompts before you do step 1.
Come join in on the chaos here!
Click on thumbnail to view full size.
Open Your Heart (Let Me See)